Did you like the scene at the beginning of The Matrix where Morpheus was talking Neo out of his office building on the cell phone? If so, you might like this.
Fightlinker.com » Fightlinker - MMA, UFC, and other funny fight crap
Five Ounces of Pain
MMA on Tap
Friday, September 19, 2008
Is Affliction still known for their garbage, smell of the homeless clothing line? Are they known for the home of Fedor? I still attest, a company that relies on Fedor for fame is retarded.
Anyways, I was watching a UFC fight night on SPIKE tonight, and saw a dull Afflication shirt on Bisping. Even as a Rabid MMA fan it took a moment to match the Affliction name with the fighting organization.
Posted by Tim at 9:40 PM
The last season was a little traumatizing for me.
These are my impressions for this season based off the first episode:
Mir and Nog, are intelligent coaches. One is more fluent in English obviously.
Ringside was told to shut the fuck up during fights, especially broken record bullshit, EG. "STAND UP!..STAND UP!..STAND UP!..STAND UP!..STAND UP!..STAND UP!..STAND UP!..STAND UP!..STAND UP!..STAND UP!......."
More talented fighters.
Rampage isn't there as an uptight disaster.
Dana toning it down. It's about a fighting contract, not Dana hour.
Mir is a camera natural, and Nog is genuine.
Posted by Tim at 8:33 PM
Friday, September 12, 2008
I know it wasn't Joe Rogan. Machida andEvans are relatively despised by the hardcore MMA community. These are two of my favorite fighters.
A couple or my other favorite fighters are Tank Abbot and Nick Diaz. I like the extremes. One pair, an extremely brainless pair, the other quite the opposite. All four fighters are "hardcore MMA" rejects.
Anyways, Machida and Rashad will go undefeated until they eventually meet. It will be a true chess match. I'm looking forward to it.
Posted by Tim at 8:48 PM
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
I'm going to win the fight," Shamrock said. "I'm going to expose Kimbo. Kimbo's going to be exposed in a lot of different ways."
Posted by Colonel Balz at 10:17 PM
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS
– Rashad Evans ($120,000/win bonus was $60,000) def. Chuck Liddell ($500,000)
*Evans also earned an extra $60,000 for “UFC 88 Knockout of the Night”
MAIN CARD FIGHTERS
– Rich Franklin ($100,000/win bonus was $50,000) def. Matt Hamill ($10,000)
– Dan Henderson ($250,000/win bonus was $150,000) def. Rousimar Palhares ($7,000)
– Nate Marquardt ($56,000/win bonus was $28,000) def. Martin Kampmann ($15,000)
– Dong Hyun Kim ($46,000/win bonus was $23,000) def. Matt Brown ($8,000)
PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS
– Kurt Pellegrino ($24,000/win bonus was $12,000) def. Thiago Tavares ($13,000)
*Each also earned an extra $60,000 for “UFC 88 Fight of the Night”
– Tim Boetsch ($16,000/win bonus was $8,000) def. Michael Patt ($5,000)
– Jason MacDonald ($44,000/win bonus was $22,000) def. Jason Lambert ($17,000)
*MacDonald also earned an extra $60,000 for “UFC 88 Submission of the Night”
– Ryo Chonan ($30,000/win bonus was $15,000) def. Roan Carneiro ($9,000)
UFC 86 DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $1,270,000
UFC 88 AWARD BONUSES
(as disclosed by UFC president Dana White)
Each fighter received a $60,000 bonus for the following awards.
Fight of the Night:
– Kurt Pellegrino and Thiago Tavares
Knockout of the Night:
– Rashad Evans
Submission of the Night:
– Jason MacDonald
Posted by Colonel Balz at 10:27 PM